IELTS for Study or Work Abroad
International English Language Testing System renowned as (IELTS test) is admired around the globe with speakers of English as a second language as proof of their proficiency. Let’s check top advantages of IELTS for study or work abroad mentioned by overseas education consultants before you abroad immigration.
IELTS for Study or Work Abroad with IELTS
IELTS is administered and co -administered by the British Council, Cambridge English Language Assessment and IDP Education Australia. If you are planning to enroll in a university or college, apply to commercial organizations or register for a visa with government agencies in countries such as:
- New Zealand
Also, this test can help you achieve your education, career or life goals.
Benefits of IELTS Qualification
Whether you are trying for visa for work or study in abroad as an Indian student, the IELTS exam is the same in terms of examiners, content, format, and scoring in difficulty level. If your test results aren’t good, there’s no limit to how long and how often you can repeat, but it’s a good idea to take some time and study again before your next attempt. In most countries, testing centers offer preparatory courses and language courses, but you will also find online learning resources to help you grow your knowledge and communicate with you and how to practice the best methods to score best in IELTS test.
Academic IELTS is required for admission to university or college, but General Education IELTS is required for employment and immigration purposes. The IELTS Life Skills is a new Secure English Language Test (SELT) approved by the UK Government to support your UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) application.
IELTS to Study Abroad
If you want to study abroad, remember that many universities around the world and all universities and colleges in the UK accept IELTS test results. Tier 4 student visa applicants can apply to universities in the UK with an IELTS result from any of the 1,000 IELTS test sites worldwide, unless the institution has additional requirements. Some universities act as local agents on behalf of the British Council, arranging and delivering IELTS exams. And study abroad consultants will suggest you to choose best IELTS coaching. If you live near Noida then choose IELTS coaching in Noida for training.
If you are considering a primary or bachelor’s degree program, you should take the IELTS knowledge test. The General Education IELTS test is sufficient for non-degree granting programs. Find your college or university of choice and check which version of IELTS is right for you.
As a prospective international student, you will need to demonstrate that you are qualified and can successfully complete a degree program taught in English. You will therefore need higher IELTS scores to enroll in graduate programs such as masters or doctorates.
IELTS to Work Abroad
Providing proof of your language proficiency is an important step in obtaining a visa to be able to work abroad. Language skills are essential for professional success and are considered a valuable asset in addition to all other requirements of any job. If you are a work visa applicant, you must acquire proficient or a professional English language skill, which means you, will need to be prepared for more than basic conversational English.
In the UK, test takers must score at least 6.5 on each of the four components of the test (reading, speaking, listening and writing).
IELTS for Different Countries
- To work in Australia, a score of 5 on the test is considered a professional level of English. An IELTS band score of 6 means the candidate is a skillful English speaker.
- In NZ (New Zealand), work permit applicants must achieve an overall score of 4 or above in the General or Academic module. They can also provide additional proof of their English skills, such as information about the countries they have lived in, their current country of residence, or their family’s knowledge of English.
- In Canada, applicants should check directly with the organization they wish to apply to for IELTS score requirements. Most staff and academies set their own language requirements.
- In all these countries, you must take into account that the minimum score requirements vary depending on the profession you have chosen. For some professions, applicants must score a minimum of 6 in each of the test modules, while for teachers, for example, a minimum score of 7 is required.
IELTS for Overseas Immigration
Government agencies use the IELTS exam as part of their application processes to obtain citizenship or the right of permanent residence. They consider language proficiency to be closely linked to people’s ability to integrate into the community and into the workplace. The IELTS exam is accepted by immigration authorities and continues to play an important role in the use of language testing as a means of controlling the number of migrants.
A new Secure English Language Test (SELT) endorsed by the UK government has been introduced as part of the visa application process. The test is known as IELTS Life Skills or IELTS for UKVI for UK immigration. This means that IELTS can be used to test your English skills to support the passport and immigration application (UKVI).
The IELTS Life Skills test requires you to demonstrate that you speak and listen only at level A1 or B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). At the end of the exam, you will receive a pass/fail result rather than group scores.
Sample Scores for Studying or Working Abroad
- Immigration to New Zealand requires an overall IELTS score of 6.5 in the General Training or Academic IELTS modules. IELTS test is compulsory for an abroad visa application.
- Canada accepts IELTS, but you will also need to achieve the Canadian Language Benchmarks standard.
- Australia recognizes both Professional English and Proficient English by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.
Check with government agencies or institutions in those countries for specific language requirements and immigration scores.